Journalists, funders, lawyers, academics and media experts working together to research, analyse, and advance public understanding of public benefit journalism.
- George Brock – Chair, CJP; Former Professor of Journalism at City, University of London; Trustee and director, Bureau of Investigative Journalism 2010-20. Previously: The Observer and The Times. [See George’s posts here.]
- Kitty von Bertele – Associate at Luminate, specialising in independent media, data and digital rights. Previously: Open Government Partnership, Cabinet Office and Department for International Development.
- Emma Meese – Director of Community Journalism, School of Journalism, Media and Culture, Cardiff University.
- Dr Martin Moore – Senior Lecturer in Political Communication Education & Director of the Centre for the Study of Media, Communication and Power.
- Rachel Oldroyd – Managing Editor, Bureau of Investigative Journalism. Previously: editor of investigative section, Mail on Sunday.
- Professor Steven Barnett – Professor of Communications, Westminster University. Previously: specialist adviser to House of Lords Communications and Digital Committee.
- Julian Blake – Partner, Stone King, advising charities and social enterprise.
- Tom Murdoch – Partner, Stone King, advising charities. Previously at publisher Reed Elsevier.
- Sameer Padania – Director, Macroscope, advising on media philanthropy, innovation in journalism. Advisor to the Nesta Future News Pilot Fund; Consultant, Journalism Funders Forum.
- Will Perrin – Founder of Talk About Local and campaigner for statutory duty of care for social media. Previously: Cabinet Office, DCMS.
- Lawrie Simanowitz – Partner, Bates Wells & Braithwaite, advising charities and not-for-profits. Previously: documentary producer (BBC and C4), parliamentary researcher.
- Ben Stewart – Director, David and Elaine Potter Foundation. Previously: Wellcome Trust.
- Dr Judith Townend – Senior Lecturer in Media and Information Law, University of Sussex. Convenor, Network for Public Interest Journalism. Previously: Institute for Advanced Legal Studies, University of London.
Administrator: Eliz Mizon, freelance culture writer and media lecturer.
If you would like to discuss supporting the Project’s work, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.